(Policy for the Association of Organizations with FSC)
The signing Organization is associated with the Forest Stewardship Council A.C., Oaxaca, Mexico, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates (hereinafter: FSC) by being either a member of or having a contractual relationship with FSC. Hereby the signing Organization explicitly states that it has read and understood the "Policy for the Association of Organizations with FSC" as published under www.fsc.org. This policy stipulates FSC's position with regards to unacceptable activities by organizations and individuais which already are or would like to be associated with FSC as well as the mechanism for disassociation.
ln light of the above, the Organization explicitly agrees currently and in the future, as long as the relationship with FSC exists, not to be directly or indirectly involved in the following unacceptable activities:
- IlIegal logging or the trade in illegal wood or forest products;
- Violation of traditional and human rights in forestry operations;
- Destruction of high conservation values in forestry operations;
- Significant conversion of forests to plantations or non-forest use;
- Introduction of genetically modified organisms in forestry operations;
- Violation of any of the ILO Core Conventions as defined in the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principies and Rights at Work.