(Policy for the Association of Organizations with FSC)
Nunex Worldwide S.A. declares that it is associated with the Forest Stewardship Council A.C. Oaxaca, Mexico, or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates (hereinafter FSC™) by being a member o for having a contractual relationship with FSC™. Hereby the signing Organization explicity states that it has read and understood the Policy for the Association of Organization with FSC ™ as published under www.fsc.org. This policy stipulates FSC™’s position with regards to unacceptable activities by organizations and individuals which already are or would like to be associated with FSC™ as well as the mechanism for disassociation.
In light of the above, the Organization explicity agrees currently and in the future, as long as the relationship with FSC™ exists, not to be directly or indirectly involved inthe following unacceptable activities:
- Illegal harvesting or illegal trade* in forest products*
- Violation of customary* or human rights* within the forestry or forest products sector*
- Violation of workers’ rights* and principles defined in the International Labour Organization (ILO) Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work within the forestry or forest products sector*
- Destruction of High Conservation Values* (HCVs) in forests or High Conservation Value areas*
- Conversion of natural forest cover*
- Use of genetically modified* organisms in forestry operations for any other purposes than research (as defined by INT-POL-01-004-01, is understood as activities that a) have a clear investigative purpose (i.e., test a hypothesis), b) are carried out on a limited scale and with defined timelines that are compatible to the scope of research, and c) are conducted following all related legal requirements, including safeguards, and permits)
NOTE: See Annex 1 for criteria defining a corporate group* and Annex 2 for further considerations on circumstances where an associated* individual or organization has engaged in an unacceptable activity.